HR Selection Guidelines
Note to the applicant: The existence of any of the conditions listed below may result in rejection from the selection process. These areas will be explored during the polygraph examination.
- Use (legal or illegal) of marijuana at any time within the last three (3) years or more than twenty-five (25) total lifetime uses.
Marijuana (Professional Staff)
- Use (legal or illegal) of marijuana at any time within the last two (2) years.
- Illegal use of anabolic steroids, Adderall or similar drug within the past three (3) years when NOT prescribed by a physician for the purpose of treating a medical condition.
Dangerous Drugs/Narcotics/Vaporous Substances
- Illegal use of dangerous drugs, narcotics or vaporous substances more than five (5) times total or more than one (1) time since the age of 21, or at any time within the past seven (7) years. Dangerous drugs and/or narcotics include Hashish, Cocaine/Crack, Amphetamines/Barbiturates, LSD/Acid, PCP/Angel Dust, Magic Mushrooms, Spice, K2, Whippets, MDMA, etc.
- Illegal use of Peyote or Mescaline as described in Dangerous Drugs/Narcotics/Vaporous Substances above (exception: The use of Peyote/Mescaline is permitted if for bona fide religions ceremonies).
- Use of heroin at anytime.
- Sale, production, cultivation or transportation for sale of illegal drugs
- Pattern of abuse of prescription drugs
Theft of misappropriation of property
- Any demonstrated pattern of habitual theft
- Any theft while serving in a position of trust
Acts constituting a felony
- The conviction of any act which would constitute a felony in the state of Arizona, regardless of the time element. Expungement(s) of felony conviction(s) will be treated as a felony conviction(s).
- The conviction of any act of domestic violence.
Fraud or misrepresentation
- Any intentional attempt to practice any deception of fraud in:
- The employment application
- The various testing processes
- Failure to properly complete this application
- More than one serious traffic violation (D.U.I, reckless driving, excessive speed, aggressive driving, leaving the scene of an accident) within the last 5 years.
- Any serious traffic violation (D.U.I., reckless driving, excessive speed, aggressive driving, leaving the scene of an accident) within the last 3 years.
- Any recent demonstrated pattern of excessive traffic violations (for positions that require operation of a motor vehicle).
- Any demonstrated pattern of indebtedness over an extended period which has resulted in repossession or foreclosures or submission of bills to a collection agency.