The Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) serves as the central repository for various types of records. Please select the type of DPS records you are requesting below for additional information:
Criminal History Records
- Criminal history record reviews
- Employer background checks
- Clearance letters (local/national)
Department Records Unit
These records are for incidents or collisions investigated by State Troopers or other DPS employees.
- Collision (accident) reports on Interstate or State Highways
- Citations, warnings, repair orders issued by State Troopers
- Photographic requests for DPS related incidents
- Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) requesting Offense/Incident/Arrest Reports
Public Records Unit
These records are for DPS related records only.
- Offense/Incident/Arrest reports investigated by State Troopers
- Radio/911 tapes and logs for incidents on Interstate or State Highways
- Certified records
- Civil Subpoena Duces Tecum
- All other DPS record types with the exception of those listed for Department Records
Incidents involving county or local jurisdictions (County Sheriffs, City or Local Police Departments, Town Marshal’s Offices) are not retained by DPS. Requests for these records need to be directed to the investigative agency in that jurisdiction.