There are two ways to apply:
1. Submit a Paper Application:
• You can obtain the application packet from your employer or agency.
• You can also download an application from our website, https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/licensing, however it is not a complete packet as it does not include a fingerprint card.
• You can pick up an application at the DPS Public Service Center, 2222 W. Encanto Blvd., in Phoenix, AZ. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Closed state holidays
• To obtain a paper application packet by mail, call the Licensing Unit at (602) 223-2361 and request one be mailed to you.
2. Submit an Electronic Application:
• To apply electronically, click the Apply Online tab.
• This option is available to Arizona residents only.
• Applying electronically could significantly reduce processing times when no research is required when compared to submitting a paper application.
• When applying electronically, you will be able to schedule your electronic fingerprinting appointment. No hard copy fingerprint cards will be needed.
NOTE: If your application does not require a fingerprint, you are not eligible to apply online.