The Arizona DPS Crime Laboratory is undergoing accreditation under the recently published ISO/IEC 17025:2017, “General Requirements for the competency of testing and calibration laboratories”. The newly published ISO/IEC 17025:2017 requirements for reporting of results (section 7.8) allow for the issuance of simplified reports in conjunction with a written agreement with our customers. By submitting evidence to the laboratory for analysis using the “Scientific Analysis Request" or "Non-DPS Agency Request for Scientific Analysis” forms, the customer has agreed to receive simplified reports.
The Arizona DPS Crime Laboratory will continue to report the following information:
- a title;
- name and address of the laboratory;
- the location of performance of the laboratory activities;
- the name of the customer;
- a description, unambiguous identification, and, when necessary, the condition of the item;
- the date of issue of the report;
- the results with, where appropriate, the units of measurement;
- identification of the person(s) authorizing the report;
- clear identification when results are from external providers.