In recognition of its legal and moral obligations, the Arizona Department of Public Safety hereby commits itself to a policy of nondiscrimination as follows:
- All personnel transactions shall be upon merit without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status (except when any of these factors is an existing bona fide occupational qualification). To determine the qualifications of veterans, only that portion of their military record, including discharge papers, which is relevant to the job for which the veteran is being considered, should be used.
- All Arizona Department of Public Safety management personnel shall actively support recruitment and career development programs to ensure equitable representation of minorities, females, youth, seniors, LGBTQ and individuals with disabilities, special disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans in all job categories and pay grades.
- The Arizona Department of Public Safety will incorporate reasonable accommodation personnel practices in order to facilitate the employment and advancement of qualified special disabled veterans and disabled persons. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to otherwise qualified applicants or employees with disabilities, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Department or would impose a direct threat to the health or safety of the individual or others in the workplace.
- The Arizona Department of Public Safety shall not discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant for employment because he or she is a person with a disability, a disabled veteran or a Vietnam Era veteran. Equal Opportunity applies to such employment practices as hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment, advertising, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, job assignments, accessibility, working conditions and special duty details.
- Harassment on the basis of sex is a violation of Federal and State employment discrimination laws, and harassment on the basis of sex or sexual orientation will not be tolerated in the workplace. The Arizona Department of Public Safety shall not tolerate discrimination in the agency as it creates an intimidating, degenerating, hostile and offensive working environment. Persons harassing and/or condoning harassment of others will be dealt with swiftly and vigorously by disciplinary action up to and including termination. Each employee has an affirmative duty to maintain a workplace free of harassment, intimidation, discrimination, and retaliation.
- The Department will post the Equal Opportunity Policy throughout department facilities.
- All written bid announcements, request for proposals, employment announcements, requests for applications, program brochures, literature and general solicitations shall include the phrase:
“AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AGENCY”
All Arizona Department of Public Safety is committed to taking equal opportunity to employ and advance in employment qualified females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, special disabled veterans, and Vietnam Era veterans at all levels of employment.
As Director of the Arizona Department of Public Safety, I am committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. To ensure the dissemination and implementation of the Equal Opportunity Program throughout all levels of the Department, the appointed person shall serve as the Equal Opportunity Manager for the Arizona Department of Public Safety all Divisions and management personnel shall actively support recruitment and career development programs to ensure equitable representation of females, minorities, and individuals with disabilities, special disabled veterans and Vietnam Era veterans in all job categories.