Public Records Requests
The Public Records Unit (PRU) processes requests from the public for various departmental records, with the exception of collision (accident) reports and photographs, which are processed by Department Records.
Arizona Revised Statute (ARS) § 39-121.03 prohibits the use of public records for commercial purposes.
- All requests for public records should be submitted in writing or online. Requests may be submitted in any of the following ways:
- Online - using the Public Records Request Form (link below)
- In person - at the Department Records Section at the Arizona Department of Public Safety, 2102 West Encanto Blvd., Phoenix, AZ.
- Mailed to the Department of Public Safety, Attention PRU MD1200, P.O. Box 6638, Phoenix, AZ 85005-6638
- Faxed to (602) 223-2945
- Once all the requested reports are received and processed, an invoice will be sent to the requestor via USPS mail, fax, or e-mail.
- When payment, in the form of a money order, cashiers check, or business check, is received by PRU, the records will be released to the requestor. No personal checks are accepted.
- In accordance with ARS § 39-121, public records may be reviewed prior to purchase or copying. In order to review records an appointment must be made by first contacting 602-223-2345. Please leave a message with your name, a contact number and the invoice number.
- Requests are processed in the order they are received. Some records may take longer than others to process; for example, archived reports prior to 2001, active investigations.
- Please allow 15 to 20 days for your request to be processed. Please do not call to check the status until 20 days after your request was submitted.
- Fee Schedule
- 1 to 9 pages - $9.00
- 10 or more pages - $1.00 per page
- CD / DVD - $25.00 each
- Audio Tapes (cassette) - $5.00 each
- 8 x 10 photographs - $4.00 each
- Photo CD - $35.00 each
- Contact / Thumbnail Sheets - $10.00 each
Public Records Request Options