Public Records Requests
Arizona law prohibits examining or receiving copies of any report for commercial solicitation.
Please read the below information prior to making a public records request. For accident and/or collision report requests, please visit Department Records.
- All requests must be submitted in writing. Requests may be submitted: in person to the Department Records Section at the Arizona Department of Public Safety Headquarters ( 2102 West Encanto Blvd. , Phoenix , Arizona ); mailed to the Department of Public Safety ( P.O. Box 6638 , MD 1200, Phoenix , Arizona 85005-6638 ); faxed to (602) 223-2945; or e-mailed to Public_Records@azdps.gov.
- Once all records are available in the Public Records Unit, the request is processed and an invoice is sent to the requestor via USPS mail, fax or e-mail. If a record is not available at the time of the request, the invoice will be mailed to the requestor when the records become available.
- Upon receipt of the invoice, it is the requestor's responsibility to remit payment before the records will be released. Payment may be in the form of a cashiers check, money order or business check.
- Public records may be viewed prior to purchase. In order to view the records you must schedule an appointment with the Public Records Unit. Persons that arrive without an appointment will not be seen, please contact us.
- Requests are processed in the order they are received. Some records may take longer than others to process (archived reports prior to 2001, active investigations, etc.).
- Please allow 15-20 days for your request to be processed. Please do not call to check the status until 20 days after your request was submitted .
Public Records Request Options