Head-on Collision Involving Four Fatalities Along I-40 East of Flagstaff
Thursday, August 7, 2014 -
DPS is investigating a head-on collision that occurred on August 7 along westbound I-40 at milepost 220.1, 20 miles east of Flagstaff. An eastbound Honda sedan (vehicle #1) traveled across the median and struck another Honda sedan (vehicle #2) head-on within the westbound traffic lanes of I-40. There are four confirmed fatalities associated with this collision. Three patients were flown to Flagstaff Medical Center by Guardian Air. Seven people were involved in this collision. I-40 westbound was closed between 10:46 a.m. and 1:33 p.m. All seven occupants were properly restrained.
- Michelle Bernadet Yaeger age 23, of Canoga Park, California was deceased on scene.
- Bruce William Yaeger age 66, of Canoga Park, California was deceased on scene.
- Elna G Yaeger age 68, of Canoga Park, California was deceased on scene.
- The driver, Orlinda Kinlecheenie age 45 of Winslow, Arizona was transported to Flagstaff Medical Center.
- Passenger Kelafer Kinlecheenie, age 21 of Winslow, Arizona was transported to Flagstaff Medical Center.
- An 11 month-old of Winslow, Arizona was not injured.
- Three year-old Kyler Lee Jensen of Winslow, Arizona was deceased on scene.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety is a state-level law enforcement agency whose mission is to protect human life and property by enforcing state laws, deterring criminal activity and providing vital support to the State of Arizona and its citizens.