DPS Will Partner With The Drug Enforcement Administration In The Sixth Prescription Drug Take-Back On April 27
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 -
On Saturday, April 27 from 10am to 2pm, DPS will have several locations throughout the state dedicated to the prescription drug take-back event hosted by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
This successful program has seen an increase in participation throughout the previous five events and creates a safe environment to dispose of these potentially dangerous drugs. Over 2 million pounds of pharmaceutical drugs were turned in nationwide in the past two years.
Lingering medications are susceptible to misuse and abuse causing a public health concern.
Below are the prescription drug disposal locations that DPS will be responsible for on April 27. Should you or anyone else you know be out of the state during this time, you can go to dea.gov to find another location in the United States.
DPS hosted locations are listed below:
- Phoenix 2102 W. Encanto Blvd., Phoenix 85009
- Youngtown 11101 W. Peoria Ave., Youngtown 85363
- Tucson 6401 S. Tucson Blvd., Tucson 85706
- Kingman 2319 E. Andy Devine, Kingman 86401
- Prescott 1111 Commerce Dr., Prescott 86305
- Sierra Vista 3756 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista 85635
- Casa Grande 410 W. Centennial Blvd., Casa Grande 85222
No glass containers, inhalers, intra-venous solutions or syringes can be collected. All other prescription and over the counter medications as well as supplements can be turned in.