ADOT Press Release: State Route 87 reopens in-between Phoenix and Payson, including the latest roadway updates.
For the latest and most up to date information please visit www.az511.gov or call 511
Saturday, January 23, 2010 -
For Immediate Release: Jan. 23, 2010
Contact: ADOT Media Relations
ADOT Media Line: 1.800.949.8057
State Route 87 reopens between Phoenix and Payson
PHOENIX – The Arizona Department of Transportation has reopened State Route 87 between Phoenix and Payson. ADOT closed the highway earlier this week due to a mudslide at Slate Creek, six miles north of Sunflower.
State highways that continue to be closed or restricted include:
· State Route 87 between Winslow and Pine
· State Route 89A between Sedona and Flagstaff
· State Route 260 between Payson and Heber - chains or 4-wheel drive required
· State Route 260 closed between McNary and Eagar due to blowing and drifting snow.
· State Route 273 closed approaching Sunrise Ski Resort due to heavy snow.
State Route 191 from mile post 225 and 253, in-between Alpine and Granville.
# # #
The Arizona Department of Public Safety is a state-level law enforcement agency whose mission is to protect human life and property by enforcing state laws, deterring criminal activity and providing vital support to the State of Arizona and its citizens.