ADOT Press Release: State Route 87 reopens in-between Phoenix and Payson, including the latest roadway updates.
For the latest and most up to date information please visit www.az511.gov or call 511
Saturday, January 23, 2010 -
For Immediate Release: Jan. 23, 2010
Contact: ADOT Media Relations
ADOT Media Line: 1.800.949.8057
State Route 87 reopens between Phoenix and Payson
PHOENIX – The Arizona Department of Transportation has reopened State Route 87 between Phoenix and Payson. ADOT closed the highway earlier this week due to a mudslide at Slate Creek, six miles north of Sunflower.
State highways that continue to be closed or restricted include:
· State Route 87 between Winslow and Pine
· State Route 89A between Sedona and Flagstaff
· State Route 260 between Payson and Heber - chains or 4-wheel drive required
· State Route 260 closed between McNary and Eagar due to blowing and drifting snow.
· State Route 273 closed approaching Sunrise Ski Resort due to heavy snow.
State Route 191 from mile post 225 and 253, in-between Alpine and Granville.
# # #