Job Descriptions & Pay
Current as of: 12/4/2013 2:27:06 PM
|Class Title:||OPERATIONS ASSISTANT|
|Salary Schedule:||Approved Arizona Law Enforcement Merit System Council Salary Schedule|
|Summary Statement:||Under general supervision, performs a variety of support tasks assisting law enforcement personnel. Performs related duties as required. This is a competitive classification.|
|Essential Functions:||(not intended to be all inclusive)
1. Receives, documents, stores, secures, and transports a variety of evidential material and property; maintains chain-of-custody. Releases property to authorized personnel.
2. Assists officers as directed with emergency and/or routine duties.
3. Assists the public with first-on-scene aid (e.g. traffic control, fire control).
4. Provides limited assistance to motorists with disabled vehicles (e.g. loaning tools, providing water for cooling system, transporting to a telephone or for fuel, parts, etc.).
5. Transports supplies, mail, documents, equipment, and vehicles to designated locations as required.
6. Orders, ships and receives supplies and equipment; stocks, organizes, and maintains materials for efficient accessibility. Performs inventory control and reconciles discrepancies.
7. Maintains neat and orderly work area.
8. Schedules vehicles for needed maintenance and repairs. Inspects vehicles for maintenance needs.
9. Performs routine clerical duties. Answers telephones; prepares, duplicates, or shreds documents; updates and maintains a variety of manual and computerized records and files; searches files and documents to resolve discrepancies, gather statistics, or provide information. Assists visitors with information or referrals. Serves as backup to other office personnel as needed.
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||Knowledge of:
1. accurate establishment and maintenance of records management systems.
2. the basic principles of receiving, returning, lifting, moving, stacking and storing supplies.
3. the basic principles of the proper use, storage and handling of hazardous materials.
4. establishment and maintenance of computerized and manual inventory systems.
5. basic procedures for handling evidence and preserving the chain-of-custody.
1. develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
2. interpret and follow oral instructions.
3. adapt to changes in schedules and job priorities.
4. perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
5. read and interpret written information.
6. work independently with minimal supervision.
7. calculate mathematical problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
8. analyze problems and develop viable solutions.
9. operate standard office equipment, (e.g. typewriter, personal computer, calculator transcriber, FAX, photo copier, multi-line telephone, microfiche, shredder, etc.).
10. research and reconcile inaccuracies and make appropriate corrections.
11. operate and perform simple repairs on a variety of job related equipment and tools (e.g. forklift, furniture, appliance dollies, pallet jack, digital meter, hand tools, television, VCR, film projector, intoxilyzer, electric generator, etc.).
12. type at a speed necessary for adequate job performance.
13. perform job duties effectively in stressful or emergency situations.
14. communicate effectively with others.
15. operate a two-way radio.
1. Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 75 pounds each, in compliance with OSHA regulations.
2. Ability to bend, stretch, stoop, reach and climb (stairs or step ladders).
3. Ability to travel throughout the state as needed.
4. Ability to safely operate a variety of motorized vehicles and equipment in inclement weather.
|Minimum Qualifications:||Requires two (2) years of storekeeping, warehousing, clerical or law enforcement agency experience; or any equivalent combination. Must have a valid Arizona driver's license.
Progression to the next pay level/step requires an overall performance rating of at least "Standard" in the last 12 months.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Please download and review the below document(s) relating to this position: