Job Descriptions & Pay
Current as of: 7/22/2014 4:15:30 PM
FLEET SUPPLY SPECIALIST
|Class Title:||FLEET SUPPLY SPECIALIST|
|Salary Schedule:||Approved Arizona Law Enforcement Merit System Council Salary Schedule|
|Summary Statement:||Is responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating the inventory of fleet parts and equipment purchases to ensure proper stocking levels for the Department's vehicle repair and maintenance plan. Performs other duties as assigned. This is a competitive classification.
|Essential Functions:||1. Maintains and monitors inventory of fleet replacement parts and equipment.
2. Researches contract and/or product/vendor information, purchase order status, requisitions, payment information, etc. in order to provide information, make informed decisions and resolve problems.
3. Receives, unpacks, and stores fleet parts and supplies. Verifies shipments for appropriate quantity and quality using purchase orders, invoices, and credit memos; reconciles discrepancies.
4. Purchases parts and equipment as necessary for agency fleet operations.
5. Organizes and arranges warehouse stock to ensure accessibility and orderliness.
6. Handles and stores hazardous materials in compliance with established policies/procedures, OSHA, and state and federal environmental laws.
7. Remains current on job-specific procedures, keeps informed of new products and develops new sources of supply using catalogs, Internet, vendor contacts, etc.
8. Monitors and maintains a variety of manual and electronic records. Enters and tracks data into computerized systems.
9. Issues supplies, parts and keys.
10. Assists employees and visitors by phone and in person in order to provide services or information.
11. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
12. Prepares periodic, special and perpetual inventories of stock.
13. Operates appropriate equipment, including forklift and office machines.
14. Assists in maintaining accurate repair and operating costs on all fleet vehicles; assists in preparing statistical reports.
15. Prepares work orders; obtains all pertinent information; refers to parts manual to determine correct parts and numbers; produces computer generated work orders.
16. Maintains contact and negotiates with vendors; evaluates vendor performance.
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||Knowledge of:
1. general warehousing procedures.
2. inventory procedures.
3. principles and practices of records management systems.
4. OSHA regulations and laws pertaining to the workplace environment.
5. basic principles of proper usage, storage and handling of hazardous materials.
6. vehicle parts and their functions.
1. the use of keyboard devices to input and retrieve information.
1. interpret written and oral instructions.
2. perform mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
3. perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
4. communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
5. adapt to changes in schedules and job priorities.
6. maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
7. work independently with minimal supervision.
8. analyze problems and develop viable solutions.
9. research and reconcile inaccuracies and make appropriate corrections.
10. operate standard office equipment.
11. memorize and recall detailed information and/or numeric combinations.
12. perform job duties effectively in stressful or emergency situations.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
May be required to work and drive in inclement weather.
May be required to walk or stand for extended periods of time.
May be required to bend, stretch, stoop, reach, and climb.
May be required to lift and move heavy objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
May be required to travel to perform certain work functions.
|Minimum Qualifications:||Requires two (2) years of automotive warehousing or storekeeping experience, including the maintenance of computerized and/or manual records.
Progression to the next pay level/step requires an overall performance rating of at least "Standard" in the last 12 months.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FSLA Status: Non-exempt
Please download and review the below document(s) relating to this position: