Job Descriptions & Pay
DATA ENTRY OPERATOR
|Class Title:||DATA ENTRY OPERATOR|
|Salary Schedule:||Approved Arizona Law Enforcement Merit System Council Salary Schedule|
|Summary Statement:||Responsible for performing journey-level data entry work using a personal computer and appropriate software, entering, updating, researching, verifying and/or retrieving data into/from various systems, and ensuring the accuracy and confidentiality of information recorded. Performs related duties as assigned. This is a competitive classification.|
|Essential Functions:||1. Enters, updates and verifies data (e.g., telephone billing numbers, criminal justice information, vehicle fuel usage, repair histories, etc.) into various systems (e.g., Uniform Crime Reporting System [UCRS], Fleet Management System, Computer Toll Analysis Program, etc.) for use by federal/state/local law enforcement agencies and/or DPS personnel.
2. Prints and reviews data entered (e.g., telephone toll records, subscriber information, etc.) to ensure completeness and accuracy.
3. Creates and maintains data entry formats in order to enter and verify all customer input and application functions. Stores data in the data pool as a batch to ensure that records are accurate and that functions are keyed properly.
4. Runs and distributes reports (e.g., UCRS Edit 1-2, Resubmits, etc.) and deletes batch information.
5. Maintains detailed and accurate records (e.g., analytical cases, etc.) in order to accurately retrieve data.
6. Trains employees on software programs.
7. Remains current on job-specific procedures through job-related training courses in order to apply appropriate methodologies.
8. Types updates and revisions to manuals.
9. Queries Electronic Mail System (EMS) and/or Lotus Notes for dissemination of information to section personnel.
10. Queries mainframe systems to check illegible information on documents (e.g., fuel cards, work orders, car wash log, etc.) in order to enter data correctly.
11. Screens incoming telephone calls in order to provide assistance or refer call to appropriate staff member.
12. Maintains a log of statistical record totals.
13. Provides assistance in data control operations during staff shortages to communicate changes to employees and customers and ensure jobs are completed successfully.
14. Receives, retrieves and processes cartridge and tape information for/from various agencies and DPS departments (e.g., Motor Vehicle Department, FBI, ACJIS, Concealed Weapons, etc.)
15. Researches the status of production and non-production jobs by checking for error condition codes and notifying computer analysts of problems when error conditions occur.
16. Sets up and submits new job information to the existing job list schedule and job calendar and notifies supervisor or program operations that it is ready for production.
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||Knowledge of:
1. modern office practices, procedures and equipment required to perform office functions in an efficient manner.
2. complex data entry procedures.
3. record keeping.
4. business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation required to produce and proofread simple written documents.
1. entering data at a speed necessary for proficient job performance.
2. reviewing, proofreading, editing and verifying forms, documents, computer printouts, or other written materials for accuracy in content of information.
3. computer software programs (e.g., spreadsheet, word processing, Computer Toll Analysis Program, Microsoft Works, Designer Graphics, etc.).
1. organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks to complete job functions in an orderly, efficient manner.
2. research errors in documents to ensure reports are run correctly.
3. understand written and verbal instructions to complete assigned tasks accurately.
4. exercise good judgement in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information.
5. understand written and verbal instructions to complete assigned tasks accurately.
6. establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of assignment.
7. perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
8. work independently with minimal supervision.
9. enter data accurately and efficiently.
10. communicate effectively orally and in writing.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
|Minimum Qualifications:||Requires one (1) year of experience performing computerized data entry including six months experience performing micro-computer data entry utilizing word processing software. Must type a minimum of 35 net words per minute.
The examination process includes a keystroke performance test requiring a minimum of 118 keystrokes per minute with two or less errors.
Progression to the next pay level/step requires an overall performance rating of at least “Standard” in the last 12 months.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Current as of: 4/17/2014 2:23:01 PM