Job Descriptions & Pay
|Salary Schedule:||Approved Arizona Law Enforcement Merit System Council Salary Schedule|
|Summary Statement:||Under general supervision, performs custodial duties and minor repairs; performs other duties as assigned. This is a competitive classification.
|Essential Functions:||(not intended to be all inclusive)
1. Cleans and maintains buildings, furnishings, grounds, and property.
2. Cleans and maintains custodial equipment.
3. Orders, receives, and stocks custodial supplies.
4. Performs minor maintenance of plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, and other property.
5. May move dumpsters and pallets of supplies, using a forklift.
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||Knowledge of:
1. basic plumbing repairs.
2. basic equipment maintenance and repair techniques.
3. standard custodial procedures and practices.
1. the safe use of a variety of cleaning and moving equipment (e.g. extractor, shampooer, vacuum, wet/dry vacuum, variable speed scrubber, buffer, street sweeper, forklift, etc.).
1. adapt to changes in schedules and job priorities.
2. communicate clearly and concisely for the purpose of obtaining and disseminating information.
3. organize and prioritize tasks.
4. present and demonstrate information methodically and logically in order to train new employees.
5. establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with others.
6. recognize and evaluate problems and take appropriate action.
7. follow detailed oral and written instructions.
8. work independently with minimal supervision.
9. read, understand, and interpret written information (e.g. operation manuals, labels for various cleaning and chemical agents, MSDS sheets, policies, and procedures).
10. apply active listening skills in order to obtain complete and accurate information.
1. Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
2. Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
3. Ability to bend, stretch, stoop, reach and climb (stairs or step ladder).
4. Ability to move objects weighing up to 50 pounds, for distances of up to 50 feet, in compliance with OSHA regulations.
|Minimum Qualifications:||Requires any combination of related training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to total one (1) year of experience in custodial work. Must have a valid Arizona driver's license.
Progression to the next pay level/step requires an overall performance rating of at least "Standard" in the last 12 months.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Current as of: 7/26/2014 4:09:53 AM