Job Descriptions & Pay
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE ATTENDANT
|Class Title:||AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE ATTENDANT|
|Salary Schedule:||Approved Arizona Law Enforcement Merit System Council Salary Schedule|
|Summary Statement:||Under immediate supervision of automotive technician and supervisors, is responsible for work of routine difficulty servicing automotive equipment; performs related work as required.|
|Essential Functions:||(not intended to be all inclusive)
1. Delivers vehicles and parts to various vendors in the metropolitan area.
2. Removes equipment and parts from vehicles.
3. Assists in the automotive supply area by stocking parts and tires.
4. Accomplishes minor automotive maintenance such as replacing and balancing tires, replacing batteries and changing oil.
5. Assists in the motorcycle maintenance area.
6. Assists in the installation of radio communication harnesses and parts.
7. Fills automotive equipment with gas.
8. Greases suspensions, gear boxes, differentials.
9. Repairs tires.
10. Steams or sprays engines.
11. Cleans immediate work area regularly.
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||Knowledge of:
1. procedures in cleaning and servicing automotive equipment.
2. basic automotive theory.
1. understand simple oral and written instructions.
2. count and measure.
3. take gas pump readings.
4. make simple reports.
5. operate power sweeper and forklift.
6. perform basic service work to automotive equipment using basic hand tools.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
May be exposed to fumes or dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise levels.
May be required to lift and carry items up to fifty (50) pounds.
May be required to stand stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time.
|Minimum Qualifications:||Ability to learn to do routine servicing of automotive equipment as shown by an evaluation of training and experience and/or a personal interview. Must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid AZ Driver's License.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FLSA status - Non-exempt
Current as of: 7/24/2014 2:41:36 PM