Job Descriptions & Pay
Current as of: 3/8/2014 7:48:48 PM
FINANCIAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR
|Class Title:||FINANCIAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR|
|Salary Schedule:||Approved Arizona Law Enforcement Merit System Council Salary Schedule|
|Summary Statement:||Performs highly responsible professional financial services work in one or more of the Department's financial areas. Supervises the operation of one or more finance functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, transfers, payroll, travel, fixed assets, and other related areas.
Supervision is exercised over professional, paraprofessional, technical and administrative staff. Performs related duties as assigned. This is a competitive classification.
|Essential Functions:||(not intended to be all inclusive)
1. Supervises the work unit and personnel, which includes: interviewing prospective employees; providing and/or recommending training; coordinating, scheduling and assigning work product; establishing performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities; evaluating work performance; providing feedback, direction and guidance; keeping personnel abreast of new or revised information; answering questions; and recommending and/or implementing personnel actions.
2. Coordinates and monitors programs and projects for assigned work unit to establish goals and objectives, track effectiveness and ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws, Department General Orders, and policies and procedures.
3. Recommends changes and improvements to management regarding work unit policies and issues to improve productivity.
4. Develops and updates policies and procedures for assigned work unit.
5. Manages daily design, direction and coordination of operations, services and programs specific to assigned work unit.
6. May serve in the absence of the Financial Services Manager.
7. Gathers and summarizes data; prepares reports to provide accurate and varied information.
8. Analyzes information to draw valid conclusions in support of decision-making, recommendations and/or program or project initiation.
9. Interprets and enforces finance-related State and Department policies/procedures.
10. Reviews and analyzes files and documents to ensure completeness and accuracy and compliance with Arizona State and Department standards.
11. Composes correspondence on a variety of subjects in a variety of formats.
12. Tracks time-sensitive events to meet deadlines.
13. Attends meetings and conferences to obtain or disseminate information regarding assigned work unit issues and programs.
14. Serves as a liaison between the Department and other agencies and associations to investigate and resolve problems and facilitate the proper flow of information.
15. Conducts briefings to management or to others to report information and answer questions regarding assignments.
16. Represents the Department and/or State of Arizona at meetings, committees, or task forces to present and exchange information or support the Department's interests.
17. Makes projections and recommendations for budget specific items by analyzing budget information to assist management in developing planning strategies and efficient use of funds.
18. Monitors and reconciles various records and activities (e.g., expenditures, balances, etc.) to ensure compliance with various standards and funds availability.
19. Remains current on job-specific procedures.
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||Knowledge of:
1. the principles and practices of financial administration.
2. business English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
3. the principles and practices of supervision.
4. basic accounting principles required to reconcile and balance financial records.
5. records management systems (both computerized and manual files).
6. team concepts (e.g., team building, leadership, participation and group problem solving techniques).
1. the use of computer software programs.
2. the use of computer keyboard devices.
3. performing mathematical calculations.
4. oral communication, both one-on-one and in presenting information to groups.
1. compile, calculate, correlate, integrate, analyze and present budgetary, financial, and statistical data.
2. direct and manage a multi-disciplined staff.
3. effectively communicate both orally and in writing at all levels.
4. read, comprehend and interpret complex written materials.
5. draft and compose written materials having high organizational impact; and/or documents of moderate to complex difficulty.
6. speak before groups to provide information or explain Departmental policies, procedures, and programs.
7. plan, coordinate and organize meetings, conferences, seminars, and events for groups.
8. establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of assignment.
9. review, proofread, edit, and verify written materials for accuracy in content of information, grammar, calculation, coding, and adherence to policies and procedures.
10. exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information.
11. organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks to complete job functions in an orderly, efficient manner.
12. independently make decisions and take appropriate action to administer programs.
13. work within stringent deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
14. identify problems and analyze alternatives to develop viable recommendations for projects and assignments.
15. calculate solutions to mathematical problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS:
|Minimum Qualifications:||Requires four (4) years of professional financial accounting experience or a Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of professional financial accounting experience.
Progression to the next pay level/step requires an overall performance rating of at least "Standard" in the last 12 months.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Please download and review the below document(s) relating to this position: