Job Descriptions & Pay
YOUTH STATE SERVICE INTERN
|Class Title:||YOUTH STATE SERVICE INTERN|
|Salary Schedule:||Approved Arizona Law Enforcement Merit System Council Salary Schedule|
|Summary Statement:||Under direct supervision, performs work in a structured program to gain practical work experience in one of the administrative or professional fields in state government. May rotate from assignment to assignment within the agency to learn and contribute to administrative or professional processes. Performs related duties as assigned. This classification is for temporary assignments. No permanent positions are allocated to this classification.|
|Essential Functions:||Performs special projects or assignments as directed in various assignment throughout the department.|
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||Knowledge of:
1. business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation required to produce and proofread simple written documents.
1. the use of a computer keyboard device.
1. work independently.
2. establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of assignment.
3. communicate orally and in writing to present information in a logical and understandable format.
4. understand written and verbal instruction to complete assigned tasks accurately.
5. exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information.
6. read, comprehend, and interpret written materials of simple to moderate complexity.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
|Minimum Qualifications:||Must be between the ages of 16 and 18 years of age and currently enrolled in high school.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Current as of: 12/5/2013 10:04:45 AM