Job Descriptions & Pay
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
|Class Title:||HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST|
|Salary Schedule:||Approved Arizona Law Enforcement Merit System Council Salary Schedule|
|Summary Statement:||Under general supervision, performs complex clerical and technical paraprofessional functions in one or more areas of Human Resources. This classification may assist professional staff in one or more functional areas including recruitment, selection, classification, compensation, position control, and other related areas. Performs related duties as assigned.|
|Essential Functions:||(not intended to be all inclusive)
1. Reviews and processes Personnel/Position Action Requests (P/PARs) to ensure accuracy and completion of various personnel/position changes (e.g. new hires, promotions, transfers, salary increases, etc.).
2. Inputs personnel/position changes and other information (e.g. call signs, classifications, salaries, locations, authorized access, etc.) into computerized databases.
3. Updates and maintains various logs/reports (e.g. P/PARs, position control reports, etc.).
4. Provides information to employees/responds to questions regarding personnel action requests and records all personnel actions, and related documents; verifies accuracy and conformance to policy and regulations.
5. Credits accrual rates/leave balances of employees with prior state service.
6. Provides assistance and information to employees, applicants and other agencies on Human Resources functions, activities and services.
7. Schedules applicant testing; monitors, scores and records employment tests in area of assignment.
8. Participates in information gathering, verification, and response to routine compensation surveys and related inquiries in the areas of classification and compensation.
9. Researches and answers questions from e-mail, in-person and telephone contacts from the general public and employees involving a variety of areas, including: recruitment and procedures relevant to employment, classification and compensation matters, Merit System Rules, policies, practices, salary structure, general referrals to departments or service areas.
10. Prepares letters, memos, routine reports, and other correspondence and documents.
11. Creates and maintains complex clerical, statistical and personnel records using a PC and available software.
12. Establishes, updates and maintains manual and automated filing systems to store and track records/information.
13. Creates, maintains, updates and tracks confidential files/information ensuring accuracy and completeness.
15. Coordinates and provides assistance with research and/or staff studies for programs or projects within functional area.
16. Prioritizes and tracks time sensitive assignments to ensure timely completion.
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||
1. records management systems (both manual and automated).
2. business English, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
3. general human resources policies/procedures.
4. local, state and federal laws and regulations applicable to assignment.
1. composing, editing and proofreading a variety of correspondence, reports or forms.
2. the use of computer keyboard devices.
3. the use of computer software programs.
1. work under minimal supervision.
2. comprehend and make inferences from material written in the English language.
3. exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive personnel information.
4. establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of assignment.
5. effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
6. organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
7. calculate mathematical problems of moderate difficulty.
8. understand written and verbal instructions to complete assigned tasks accurately.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
May be required to travel to perform certain work functions.
May be required to possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
|Minimum Qualifications:||Requires three (3) years of progressively responsible clerical experience or one year of experience in a human resources office or any combination of experience and related education from an accredited college or university that meet the minimum requirements.
Progression to the next pay level/step requires an overall performance rating of at least "Standard"in the last 12 months.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Current as of: 5/18/2013 8:26:34 PM