Job Descriptions & Pay
RMIN FIELD SERVICES MANAGER
|Class Title:||RMIN FIELD SERVICES MANAGER|
|Salary Schedule:||Approved Arizona Law Enforcement Merit System Council Salary Schedule|
|Summary Statement:||Under limited supervision, manages, plans and supervises the activities of the RMIN Field Services Unit.
Exercises independent judgment and initiative in managing a major section of the Rocky Mountain Information Network. Performs related duties as assigned. This is a competitive classification.
|Essential Functions:||(not intended to be all inclusive)
1. Establishes performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities for the subordinate staff.
2. Supervises, manages and coordinates the daily operations and specific programs of the Field Services unit to ensure timely and efficient services to the membership.
3. Manages, coordinates and monitors subordinate programs and projects to attain goals and objectives.
4. Directs the development, design, re-design, implementation and enhancement of manual and automated systems to enhance customer service and employee productivity.
5. Manages field operations and supervisor staff that service the law enforcement agencies of eight Rocky Mountain States.
6. Manages the Surveillance Equipment Loan Program.
7. Manages and coordinates the Field Services Training Program and related training conferences.
8. Manages the investigative Funding Support program within the Field Service Unit.
9. Manages the vehicle fleet operations for RMIN.
10. Provides direction and management of staff activities through supervisory control, to ensure efficient daily operations in the absence of the Director or Deputy Director.
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||Knowledge of:
1. supervision and training methods and principles.
2. appropriate methods of developing performance and productivity standards.
3. the theories, principals and practices of planning required for program and project development.
4. crisis management techniques required to effectively manage an emergency situation.
5. law enforcement operations and terminology to interpret, provide, and disseminate information and prepares written documents.
6. public information laws regarding the dissemination of information to the public.
7. development, preparation, fiscal management and control required to administer a program budget.
1. interviewing for the purpose of recommending staff selections.
2. the use of multiple computer software programs.
3. developing, leading and participating in teams and work groups for the purpose of formulating a team approach to problem solving and plan development.
4. comprehending technical and non-technical data.
1. analyze and interpret financial data to determine and project budget needs.
2. develop, monitor and manage a budget to ensure expenditures remain within allocated funding.
3. evaluate subordinates' work quality to complete performance appraisals. Identify areas needing improvement, and recommend training.
4. manage professional, multi-disciplined staff.
5. supervise for the purpose of providing direction, assigning tasks and ensuring work product is accurate and complete.
6. develop effective operating procedures to direct work functions.
7. exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information.
8. establish criteria and standards for effective performance in order to supervise and evaluate administrative staff.
9. independently perform detailed administrative assignments of a difficult nature with a high degree of accuracy.
10. work within stringent deadlines to complete assignments within a restricted time period.
11. exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed in an office setting.
May be required to carry up to 50 pounds.
Extensive travel is required.
Must be able to obtain a valid State of Arizona driver license.
Must be eligible for a United States passport.
|Minimum Qualifications:||Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice Administration, Management or a related field required OR a minimum of ten (10) years of sworn law enforcement administrative experience.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Current as of: 4/19/2014 12:16:31 AM