Job Descriptions & Pay
|Class Title:||PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR|
|Salary Schedule:||Approved Arizona Law Enforcement Merit System Council Salary Schedule|
|Summary Statement:||Procurement Coordinator is a limited term, professional entry-level training position used to provide job training and professional level procurement knowledge and judgment of purchasing principles, practices, techniques, products and services.
Advancement to Procurement Specialist is earned after satisfactory completion of two years and upon successful completion of the Certificate in Public Procurement and the Foundation Certificate programs awarded through the State of Arizona.
Under the direction of a Procurement Supervisor duties include general entry-level procurement responsibilities including contact with vendors and Department personnel. Performs other duties as assigned. This is a competitive classification.
|Essential Functions:||(not intended to be all inclusive)
1. Analyzes and evaluates requisition forms, as assigned, to ensure purchases meet requirements of the Arizona Procurement Code.
2. Communicates with Department personnel in person, by telephone or in writing when discrepancies appear on Department requisitions and modifies forms accordingly to ensure adherence with Arizona Procurement Code, Department General Orders and state rules and regulations. Communicates with vendors to interpret, clarify, inform and resolve procurement issues.
3. Provides assistance to personnel on appropriate purchasing procedures and statewide contract information.
4. May monitor contractor performance to ensure compliance with all contractual terms and conditions. Communicates with Procurement Supervisor on recommendations to resolve vendor performance issues.
5. Create and update vendor database files in the state-wide accounting system in order to establish authorized vendor status.
6. Audits employee relocation requests to ensure accuracy of forms in order to process reimbursements for approved relocation expenses; ensures relocation reimbursements stay within allocated amounts.
7. Communicates with the Department Procurement Supervisor on the more involved procurement issues.
8. Initiates and processes requests for quotations for Department purchases, researching, evaluating, and making appropriate selection of commodity or service classification from the state master vendor list.
9. Satisfactorily complete training objectives, demonstrating skills, knowledge and abilities required to perform procurement responsibilities and obtain state certifications.
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||Knowledge of:
1. General principles and practices of purchasing.
2. General standard commodities and services.
3. General sources of supply.
4. General laws and regulations governing State purchasing.
5. Accounting/budgeting procedures.
1. oral and written communications to exchange information, explain procedures, techniques, and answer questions in a clear logical manner.
2. the use of office equipment (including a computer, calculator, telephone, typewriter, fax machine, copier).
1. exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
2. plan, organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks to perform job functions in an orderly, efficient manner.
3. review, proofread, and verify forms and financial documents for accuracy in calculation, coding, and adherence to policies and procedures.
4. identify problems, analyze alternatives, and develop viable recommendations.
5. read, comprehend and interpret written materials of moderate difficulty.
6. compose written materials of moderate difficulty on procurement- related issues.
7. establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of assignment.
8. perform detailed contractual and financial work with a high degree of accuracy.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
|Minimum Qualifications:||Three (3) years experience as a Department of Public Safety Financial Services or Payroll Specialist with an overall performance rating of at least "Standard" in the last 12 months.
Progression to the next pay level/step requires an overall performance rating of at least "Standard" in the last 12 months.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Current as of: 12/6/2013 8:39:01 AM