Job Descriptions & Pay
|Class Title:||SUPPLY SPECIALIST|
|Salary Schedule:||Approved Arizona Law Enforcement Merit System Council Salary Schedule|
|Summary Statement:||Under general supervision, is responsible for ordering, storing, receiving and issuing supplies and equipment from the DPS Supply Section. Performs other duties as assigned. This is a competitive classification.|
|Essential Functions:||(not intended to be all inclusive)
1. Researches contract and/or product/vendor information, purchase order status, requisitions, payment information, etc. in order to provide information, make informed decisions and resolve problems.
2. Receives, unpacks, and stores parts and supplies. Verifies shipments using purchase orders, invoices, and credit memos; reconciles discrepancies.
3. Purchases equipment, parts, and supplies as necessary for agency operations.
4. Organizes and arranges warehouse stock to ensure accessibility and orderliness.
5. Packages parts and supplies and delivers or ships to destinations throughout the agency.
6. Handles and stores hazardous materials in compliance with established policies/procedures, OSHA, and state and federal environmental laws.
7. Creates and generates stock-identifying bar codes and date labels to facilitate the tracking of incoming and outgoing warehouse inventory.
8. Remains current on job-specific procedures using catalogs, Internet, vendor contacts, etc.
9. Monitors and maintains a variety of manual and electronic records. Enters and tracks data into computerized systems.
10. Identifies obsolete property, deletes from inventory, and prepares for transfer to State surplus.
11. Monitors section vehicles to ensure preventative maintenance and/or repairs are performed as necessary.
12. Assists employees and visitors by phone and in person in order to provide services or information.
13. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
14. Conducts annual consumable inventory of all stock in DPS warehouse(s).
15. Types requisitions and Requests for Quotes (RFQ) in order to obtain pricing information.
16. Serves as backup to print shop personnel during absences or during peak workloads.
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||Knowledge of:
1. general warehousing procedures.
2. inventory procedures.
3. the principles and practices of records management systems.
4. OSHA regulations and laws pertaining to the workplace environment.
5. the basic principles of the proper use, storage and handling of hazardous materials.
1. the use of keyboard devices to input and retrieve information.
1. interpret written and oral instructions.
2. read and interpret written information.
3. perform mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
4. perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
5. communicate effectively with others
6. adapt to changes in schedules and job priorities.
7. maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
8. work independently with minimal supervision.
9. analyze problems and develop viable solutions.
10. research and reconcile inaccuracies and make appropriate corrections.
11. operate standard office equipment, (e.g. typewriter, personal computer, calculator, transcriber, FAX, photocopier, multi-line telephone, microfiche, shredder, etc.).
12. proofread written alpha and numeric information for accuracy and compliancy.
13. memorize and recall detailed information and/or numeric combinations.
14. perform job duties effectively in stressful or emergency situations.
May be required to travel throughout the state and work and drive in inclement weather.
May be required to walk or stand for extended periods of time.
Must be able to bend, stretch, reach, climb and lift and move heavy objects, weighing up to 75 pounds, in compliance with OSHA regulations.
|Minimum Qualifications:||Requires two (2) years of warehousing or storekeeping experience, including the maintenance of computerized and/or manual records. Must have a valid Arizona driver's license.
Progression to the next pay level/step requires an overall performance rating of at least "Standard" in the last 12 months.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Current as of: 5/25/2013 11:19:49 PM