Job Descriptions & Pay
STATE SERVICE TRAINEE
|Class Title:||STATE SERVICE TRAINEE|
|Salary Schedule:||Approved Arizona Law Enforcement Merit System Council Salary Schedule|
|Summary Statement:||Under direct supervision, performs work in a structured or unstructured program to gain practical work experience in one of the administrative or professional fields in state government.
May rotate from assignment to assignment within the agency to learn and contribute to administrative or professional processes.
Performs related duties as assigned.
This classification is for temporary assignments. No permanent positions are allocated to this classification. Incumbents may stay in this classification up to three (3) years from the start of the initial assignment.
|Essential Functions:||(not intended to be all inclusive)
1. Assists Department employees in performing a variety of assignments of a support, administrative or technical nature based on the needs of an assigned area.
2. Performs research and prepares reports on assigned topics.
3. Participates in program planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
4. Performs special projects or assignments as directed.
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||Knowledge of:
1. business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation required to produce and proofread simple written documents.
1. the use of a computer keyboard device.
1. work independently.
2. establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of assignment.
3. communicate orally and in writing to present information in a logical and understandable format.
4. understand written and verbal instruction to complete assigned tasks accurately.
5. exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information.
6. read, comprehend, and interpret written materials of simple to moderate complexity.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
|Minimum Qualifications:||Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FLSA Status - Non-Exempt
Current as of: 7/23/2014 4:31:28 AM