STRATEGIC RESOURCES BUREAU INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
(The Strategic Resources Bureau contains the Emergency Management Section, Police Planning Section and the Safety and Loss Section.)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (not intended to be all inclusive):
- Assists Department employees in performing a variety of assignments of a support, administrative or technical nature based on the needs of an assigned area.
- Performs research and prepares reports on assigned topics.
- Participates in program planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Performs special projects or assignments as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation required to produce and proofread simple written documents.
- The use of a personal computer and office equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the internship.
- Communicate orally and in writing to present information in a logical and understandable format.
- Understand written and verbal instruction to complete assigned tasks accurately.
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information.
- Read, comprehend, and interpret written materials of simple to moderate complexity.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicable Laboratory or Office setting.
- Knowledge of research and quantitative statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of Emergency Management programs; Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Knowledge of safety and loss prevention programs, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, comparative analysis and trending identification techniques used is risk management.
Completion of internship interview.